Long holiday weekends are my favorite because that means I can get out of New York for a nice little reset and recharge. This past President’s Day Weekend I went to Washington, D.C. to visit my family, see my best friend in her play, and see one of my office’s clients in his show at The Kennedy Center. It was the perfect balance of “Lots of Things Planned /Also Had Time to Take a Nap and Finish My Book”.
I stayed with my sister in Arlington, VA and everything was just an Uber ride away. Here are some of the things I did:
– Took my first Orange Theory class in the Pentagon City area for $12!
– Pedicures at The Red Door Salon & Spa
– Dinner at Ghibellina
– Show at the Studio Theatre
– Bar hopping on 14th Street near Logan Circle (ChurchKey, El Centro, Barcelona Wine Bar, chic speakeasy at The Gibson)
– Brunch at Del Ray Cafe and walk around the neighborhood afterwards. There are so many cute houses-turned-shops and bright colored homes.
– Show at The Kennedy Center
– Brunch at Farmers Fishers Bakers along the waterfront in Georgetown
– After brunch, bop around Georgetown to see stunning brownstones and do some shopping!
Check out my last weekend getaway to D.C here!
Snapshots of Georgetown aka All The Homes We’ll Never Be Able To Live In
I’m hoping to plan a little Philly weekend getaway soon! Where are you going next?!